Welcome to the Church of St. Mary the Virgin’s Website
St. Mary the Virgin is a welcoming community of the Episcopal Church. We are located in the Walbrook Junction area of Baltimore City. Our purpose at St. Mary the Virgin is to worship God, teach and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and minister faithfully to God’s people and the community.
Sunday, September 18, 2016, is the perfect time to invite your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to join us for National Back to Church Sunday and our Friends and Family Day!
NOW IS THE TIME is the theme for the day. Now is the time to invite someone to join us for worship!
Invite a friend, a family member, a neighbor and/or a co-worker to join you for worship service.
Did you know that 80% of all people come to worship at a church because one person on the inside invites one person on the outside to join them for worship?
What can I do?
Think of one person; a friend, a family member, an associate at work, your neighbor. Invite them to join you at worship service on September 18 at 10:00 a.m. If you want to give them one of our door hangers, see Mrs. Page or Mrs. Mercer.
Why should I invite someone?
- Jesus commands us to reach out to our community to bring people to His house of worship.
- We are called to be disciples: “Go therefore into the world and make Disciples of Christ.” (Matthew 28:20)
- There is no ministry without people. If we love people, we want to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- If you love your church, share your church.
- A personal invitation is a powerful gesture!
Sunday, September 18, 2016
- An exciting worship experience – 10:00 a.m.
- Light refreshments – following service
- A Ministry Fair -in the Great Hall immediately following the service